Just want to get to the A Reason For Spelling Reviews? Click here.
A Reason for Spelling is designed for grades K-6. Parents will read aloud a story each week in the early elementary and in the later grades students will read the story themselves. This story will introduce the theme for the week and the Scripture. Students take a spelling pre-test that helps them to see which words need the most work during the week. Level A starts with 7 words and 3 challenge words. Each level adds more spelling words per week up to Level F which has 25 spelling words. Each level of A Reason for Spelling corresponds to the levels in A Reason for Handwriting to reinforce the Scripture lesson being taught.
Level A begins with 34 phonics lessons and then moves on to 29 weekly lessons (5 days a week). During the weekly lessons, students will complete a variety of activities and games in order to properly learn the spelling of each of their words and will end the week with a final test to show how much progress has been made since the pretest.
This program works well in tandem with their handwriting curriculum. Read the A Reason For Handwriting Reviews.
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
A REASON FOR SPELLING REVIEWS:
Ease of Use