Just want to get to the BookShark Reviews? Click here.
BookShark is a literature based homeschool curriculum that uses levels instead of grades. It is the “secular” offspring to the popular Christian curriculum program Sonlight, offering a neutral worldview through its books and lessons.
The program works on a 4-day learning plan so you can have time for the other things in your homeschool life such as a co-op or field trips or other lessons. It’s an open-and-go curriculum with lessons easily laid out for a parent to follow. Each week has a schedule chart of which pages of which books to read, followed by a series of notes for each day to help you know if there is anything sensitive to consider, discussion and vocabularly topics, along with mapping and timeline tie-ins , activity sheets, or other additional pieces for that subject. Instructor guides cover history, language, and science. A large binder to keep it all organized is included in your all-subject package.
BookShark Virtual offers an online platform for students to see their schedules and complete tests, etc as well as a parent dashboard to see how they are doing. It’s intended to work alongside the program that you do offline and is an additional charge to your package.
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
Ease of Use