Just want to get to the Building Foundations in Scientific Understanding Reviews? Click here.
Building Foundations in Scientific Understanding is a K-8 program created by Ph.D scientist, Bernard Nebel. He believes that children have the natural ability to learn and be curious about science and wanted to create a curriculum that would allow them to develop scientific literacy. The goal of his program is to help kids be able to filter facts from “hogwash.”
There are three books in his program, divided into a K-2, grades 3-5, and grades 6-8 levels. Unlike other programs that are designed to cover a single topic each year, BFSU merges four different scientific categories each year, building on each other to create a stronger understanding.
- The Nature of Matter
- Life Science
- Physical Science, Technology, and Engineering
- Earth and Space Science
The program is a teach guide, written to the parent/teacher. There is no student workbook. Instead it focuses on helping the teacher understand what they are teaching. Then they can help encourage children to think for themselves, building on what they know already. Hands-on activities, observation, questions, conversations, and a personal science notebook are key.
There are times in the program where the book suggests looking on Google for videos or images, etc, but there is also a free community were resources have been gathered together to make it easier if you would prefer.
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
BUILDING FOUNDATIONS IN SCIENTIFIC UNDERSTANDING REVIEWS:
Ease of Use