Just want to get to the Heart of Dakota Reviews? Click here.
Heart of Dakota was written by Carrie Austen, a homeschool mom armed with a masters degree and a passion to see children reading good books and learning Godly character.
There are 13 levels of the program – running from pre-K through to grade 12. Each level includes a teacher’s guide which explains exactly what to cover each day. The program uses history as its main foundation, infused with the Charlotte Mason style of quality books and student notebooks.
Each level of the program offers options for purchase. You start with the economy package and then choose whichever add-ons you want to complete your curriculum.
The Economy Package contains History, Geography, Bible, Art, Spelling, and Poetry. Add-ons include Math, Science, Reading, and Handwriting. The program uses Singapore Math and Rod & Staff for grammar in the elementary school years. However, you can skip these if you would like to use something else.
You can also purchase resources for Devotions, Hymns, Nature Study, and various other subjects through the years depending on the level and your preferences.
Each level can be used with multiple students with a gap of 3-4 years apart. You can also use their placement charts to determine which kit would fit your family the best.
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
HEART OF DAKOTA REVIEWS:
Ease of Use