Just want to get to the IEW Reviews? Click here.
The Institute of Excellence in Writing (IEW) curriculum is, at its core, a writing program. However, this core program is supported by reading, grammar, spelling, literature, poetry, public speaking, and more. Designed for grades K – 12, Andrew Pudewa teaches the video lessons and encourages students to dress up their writing and develop confidence in the writing process. Students will learn 9 structural models that will encourage organisation when writing as well as stylistic techniques that will take their writing to the next level. Choose from themed lessons (like the Narnia series, Bible Heroes, US History, or Fables) or the video lessons that are taught by Andrew Pudewa.
Their flagship course, “Teaching Writing: Structure and Style” focuses on teaching parents to learn how they can teach proper writing techniques to their students themselves. It is highly recommended that parents complete this course before starting the curriuclum with their child as most of the methodology is based on this learning.
Other popular programs they offer are Fix-It Grammar where students edit sections of classic stories such as Robin Hood, The Little Mermaid, and the Frog Prince.
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
INSTITUTE OF EXCELLENCE IN WRITING - IEW REVIEWS:
Ease of Use