Just want to get to the Life of Fred Reviews? Click Here.
The Life of Fred math program is a story-based textbook that approaches learning through the experiences of a genius 5 year old named Fred. Fred just happens to a math teacher at a university, but is so tiny that he lives under his desk with his friend Kingie.
Each hard-covered book follows a day in the life of Fred, introducing math concepts as he goes about the day. At the end of sections, a box appears inviting your child to play by trying out the skills they learned about.
There are 10 books for the elementary series, starting with Apples and ending with Jelly Beans. Parents follow the books in alphabetical order. These are followed by an intermediate series (Kidneys, Liver, and Mineshaft) for older students and advanced books for middle and high school that cover topics like fractions, decimals, Algebra, Geometry, finances, trigonometry, and calculus. The older grades also offer additional practice books of problems.
There are no teacher guides or separate answer keys for any level. The books themselves aim to speak directly to the students.
Life of Fred is a completely different and unique math program designed by a Dr. Stanley Schmidt – who used Fred in his high school classes to make math fun and applicable to their lives before putting the story to paper to share with the world.
DEPENDING ON LEVEL
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
LIFE OF FRED MATH REVIEWS:
Ease of Use