Just want to get to the Math-U-See Reviews? Click here.
Using a unique approach to math by focusing on mastery of concepts combined with workbooks and hands-on manipulatives, Math-U-See provides courses from preschool through to high school.
This program uses a skills mastery approach, focusing on a single topic per level instead of focusing on multiple skills based on grade level. Books are given names like Primer, Alpha, Beta, etc. to mark order of sequence instead of a specific grade levels.
The heart of this program is found in the manipulatives that are used all the way through: Blocks, Fraction Overlays, and Inserts, making the program very tactile and interactive.
Math-U-See’s high school courses include Algebra, Geometry, and Calculus. DVDs featuring program creator, Steve Demme, offer teaching guidance to parents, although some families find them useful to use as instructional videos for their children as well.
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
Ease of Use