Just want to get to the Notgrass History Reviews? Click here.
Notgrass history is a homeschool company that focuses on history from a Christian worldview.
There are options for all grade levels.
For students in grades one through four, studies focus on American history with the one-year program, Our Star-Spangled Story. Within the pages of the curriculum are 90 lessons broken down into 30 units over two volumes. Each unit is about 3 lessons long so you can cover history three times a week. First, you complete a reading section (which should take about 10-15 minutes, then you follow it by some activities – which might include worksheets, a hands-on activity, reading an outside book, or looking at a timeline. The main text is fully illustrated and includes color photographs.
For grades 5-8, students explore geography and history together. In America the Beautiful, students go through American history with a textbook-led unit study. In From Adam to Us, students travel through world history. The text books are full-colour and include 45-90 minute daily lessons. Lessons involve reading segments with varying activities like timelines, mapping, additional reading suggestions, writing and worksheets.
High school offers two history programs – Exploring World History and Exploring America. Each one year program includes 30 weekly units. Expected time for daily lessons is about 2 – 3 hours and involves literature studies of classical stories as well as Bible and history. Also included in lessons are hands-on projects and writing assignments.
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
NOTGRASS HISTORY REVIEWS:
Ease of Use