Just want to get to the Sequential Spelling Reviews? Click here.
Sequential Spelling is based on the idea that there is not one way to teach children how to spell. The method follows Orton-Gillingham approach of multisensory instruction and aligns with the goals and methods of Structured Literacy. 7 levels follow the same grade but can also be used with students of all ages to help reinforce spelling literacy. Sequential Spelling follows the belief that all aspects of language learning must work together: spelling, reading, grammar, and writing all help to reinforce each other and must be learned together so one area does not become weak. Good spelling skills not only help a child to read better but also improves their writing and vocabulary, setting them up for success in communicating effectively. The program consists of 180 lessons.
Sequential Spelling is available in print from various retailers and in an online format that keeps track of their progress and scores and offers additional offline activities to facilitate learning.
Sequential Spelling also offers an online program called Sequential Grammar that consists of 36 weekly lessons for 5 levels. Each lesson begins with a short video and then progresses into two diagnostic activities. Each lesson ends with 10 multiple choice questions on the proper usage of the grammar item being taught.
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
SEQUENTIAL SPELLING REVIEWS:
Ease of Use