Just want to get to the Charlotte Mason Math Reviews? Click here.
Still in development at the time of this post’s publication (2022), this program currently consists of three levels with plans of at least two more. Presented in a single hard-covered, fairly small textbook, it is intended to be used by the teacher. Students do their lessons in a grid paper notebook or on a chalkboard, using common resources like coins, beans, and popsicle sticks as manipulatives.
Here are the topics of each book:
Book 1: Exploration of Numbers to 100
Book 2: The Four Rules and Tables; Work with Numbers to 1,000
Book 3: Tables continued; Work with Numbers to 10,000; Weights & Measures
Book 4: Long Multiplication & Division; Metric Weights & Measures (coming soon)
Book 5: Decimals; Factors; Fractions; Percentages (coming soon)
This program is intended to follow Charlotte Mason’s teachings and methods. Lessons are intentionally short – instructing you to stop after 15 minutes or so even if the lesson isn’t complete.
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
CHARLOTTE MASON MATH REVIEWS:
Ease of Use