Just want to get to the Woke Homeschooling Reviews? Click here.
Woke Homeschooling is a history curriculum that changes the lens of how we study American history. Typically history is told from the perspective of colonialism. Woke Homeschooling invites us to consider the experiences of African-American, Indigenous, and immigrant voices through stories and discussions, tackling difficult topics and questions.
There are two levels. The first is for grades 3 – 7. This is an adaptable 40 week program covering pre-colonial times to the present. It involves read-aloud fiction stories, conversations, and journalling – offering space within the program to allow for deeper learning or rest as needed as you process challenging topics. This can be used with multiple levels of children at once. You will need to buy or borrow books from the reading list.
Journal options include both a secular and a Christian option with prayer prompts.
The high school version (for students in grades 8-12) comes in two parts. Part 1 covers American history’s beginnings through to 1877. Part 2 studies the time from 1870 to present. Both are full-year courses. Like the program for younger students, it focuses heavily on fiction novels and stories to help bring different perspectives and topics to mind. Journalling is also a key part of the experience.
The whole program is based around this African Proverb: “Until the story of the hunt is told by the lion, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.” It aims to change the storyteller so that we can learn something new.
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
WOKE HOMESCHOOLING REVIEWS:
Ease of Use