Just want to get to the Wordsmith Reviews? Click here.
The Wordsmith program is available for grades 4-12. Wordsmith is not a complete language arts curriculum but is a good companion to Learning Language Arts Through Literature.
Wordsmith Apprentice is for grades 4-6. It teaches students how to apply grammar principles to actual writing. This is done through unusual exercises and one main writing project. The principles are taught through the medium of a local newspaper.
Wordsmith is for grades 6-9 and teaches students confidence in writing. Wordsmith teaches students how to apply the tools of writing they’ve learned. They are given the techniques for making personal connections with readers and finding material to write about. Students are also given many opportunities to practice the skills being taught.
Wordsmith Craftsman: Building Skills is for students in grades 9-12. This curriculum starts by teaching students how to take notes, first with their daily tasks and then on to larger tasks like lectures. The program spends a notable amount of time on essay writing, specifically writing research papers, which will help the college-bound student.
Free samples of each program are available.
- Only review products that you have actually used.
- Please include clear details of what worked or what didn’t in your homeschool. Think about what you would want to know if you were researching this product to use in your homeschool.
- Please don’t leave a review if this is your company, you work for this company, or you have been given a sample of this product/been paid for this review.
- No links are allowed. This includes links to blog posts or personal reviews posted somewhere other than on this website.
- Please do not include any private or personal details in your reviews. You can mention your children but please do not use their names.
- Make your review informative and respectful. Even if something didn’t work for your family, be polite and refrain from any attacks on a creator or company.
- If every review you post is negative, your reviews may be blocked, removed, or refused for posting.
- Please note that all reviews are moderated, but will not be edited in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse any review we feel doesn’t meet the standards of our guidelines. This includes reviews deemed as spam.
Ease of Use